Multimedia Minor Requirements
The minor in Multimedia is an interdisciplinary endeavor, drawing on the expertise of faculty in the areas of Art and Technology, Computer and Information Science, Journalism, and Music. Students in the minor will receive an introduction to the possibilities available to students with a background in interdisciplinary multimedia studies. Courses offered in the minor will cover design, programming, writing and composing for a variety of different applications.
The multimedia minor requires a minimum of 28 credits. Courses must be taken for letter grades and passed with a C– or better. All credits must be taken in residence at UO; no transfer credit is accepted for this minor. You must complete the three core courses before registering for other courses required for the minor.
- Print Media Digital Arts, ARTD 250, 4 credits
- Time-based Digital Arts, ARTD 251, 4 credits
- Interactive Digital Arts, ARTD 252, 4 credits
- Web Programming, CIS 111, 4 credits
- Writing for Multimedia, J 333, 4 credits
- Digital Imaging, ARTD 360, 4 credits
- Digital Audio Sound Design, MUS 447, 4 credits
Students can declare the Multimedia minor by completing the declaration form available at the Art Office (254 Lawrence Hall).