How To Apply
The Art minor requires 40 credits. Students must take course work in at least two departmental curricular areas, excluding courses taken to fulfill the core studios requirements.
We encourage you to declare the minor at least three terms before you think you will graduate. At the time you declare your minor, you are encouraged to contact the Art office to schedule a departmental advising appointment. An advisor can help you ensure that you're on track to meet all of the requirements.
Art Minor Requirements
- Any two courses of the History of Art and Architecture (ARH)
- Drawing I (ART 233)
- Surface, Space, and Time (ART 115)
- Core Interdisciplinary Laboratory (ART 116)
- Additional studio art credits of your choice to bring the total to 40; 12 of which must be in upper division (300/400) course work
- Course work in at least two departmental curricular areas (not including the courses taken to satisfy the core studio requirements listed above)
- At least 12 studio art credits must be taken in residence at UO
Multimedia Minor Requirements
The minor in Multimedia is an interdisciplinary endeavor, drawing on the expertise of faculty in the areas of Art & Technology, Computer and Information Science, Journalism, and Music. Students in the minor will receive an introduction to the possibilities available to students with a background in interdisciplinary multimedia studies. Courses offered in the minor will cover design, programming, writing and composing for a variety of different applications.
The multimedia minor requires a minimum of 28 credits. Courses must be taken for letter grades and passed with a C– or better. All credits must be taken in residence at UO; no transfer credit is accepted for this minor. You must complete the three core courses before registering for other courses required for the minor.
- Print Media Digital Arts (ARTD 250, 4 credits)
- Time-based Digital Arts (ARTD 251, 4 credits)
- Interactive Digital Arts (ARTD 252, 4 credits)
- Web Programming (CIS 111, 4 credits)
- Writing for Multimedia (J 333, 4 credits)
- Digital Imaging (ARTD 360, 4 credits)
- Digital Audio Sound Design (MUS 447, 4 credits)
Students can declare the Art or Multimedia minor by completing the declaration form available at the Art office (254 Lawrence Hall).